Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Few Random Thoughts

January 10, 2012
A few random thoughts: 
I was talking to a native American friend of mine today about the damage FASD has done to the various tribes around the country. I can't begin to describe the toll it has taken on these nations. If the average is one woman in five drinking during pregnancy, wonder what it is in the native population. 
I was recently told "Go save your own f'n baby, get off my page." I wondered why so much anger. Maybe guilt or shame. Don't think she will share with me the truth. 
I was on NOFAS site the other day looking at some of their material and found they have materials available in two languages. Care to venture a guess which two? I was surprised when I learned the second language was Russian. Then I started to think about all the Russian babies being adopted by Americans. 
This is an entirely different discussion but when we explore ways to help educate and motivate people to take ownership of these children, we will have to be aware that it may scare some of these parents. Maybe on the other side of the coin it will empower them. 
We've had some generous individuals helping out financially. Thank you. If you feel the call to help, go to: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Figg.me%2Fp%2F58952%3Fa%3D97683&h=AAQEFdp_lAQGHGZWqzYcuGzFzICjmMLYkYGaiQf-79RDncQ

No comments:

Post a Comment